Get a free quote now.
(Entry) - (Full-Time) - Montreal, QC
July 15, 2021Apply with LinkedInSend my CV
At PEAK, we value a culture based on trust and strive to maintain a collaborative environment and a family-like atmosphere among our employees. We offer a fast-paced environment with stimulating work to challenge you and help you reach your full potential. Do you have a bold, entrepreneurial spirit? Put your ideas to work with us!
Come Make a Difference!
We are looking for an Accountant to provide support to the Finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. You will also be in charge of advisors’ commission payments and adjustments.
What you’ll do
• Prepare, process, and reconcile bank deposits of the day
• Reconcile commission adjustments and advisors’ deductions
• Participate in the preparation of audit files for internal and external audits
• Reconciliation of trust bank accounts
• Prepare, balance, and process bank transfers between bank accounts
• Prepare cash flow for advisor codes
• Calculate and transfer money to or from the RRSP account
• Calculations of payment of commissions to advisors
• Process commission cheques, import and process files in the different commission systems
• Execute programs for calculating commissions due to advisors and produce reports from the system to then balance the whole pay
• Analyze the advisor codes with overdue accounts and the processing of advisor expenses
• Respond to questions from advisors regarding their commissions
• Replace other members of the team, take part in cross-training
• Maintain links with different people both internally and externally
• Work closely with all members of the finance team and other employees within the organization
• Carry out projects and/or other tasks assigned by his superior
• Participate in team meetings
What we’re looking for
• DEC in Accounting or Finance, completed or in progress
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work in both French and English, spoken and written
Role Success Factors
• Flexibility and resourcefulness in the performance of his/her duties
• Comfortable working with technology
• Possessing a strong sense of organization
• Demonstrating a structured and coherent method of working
• Ability to work in a team
• Ease of adapting to changes
• Ability to work under pressure
Our purpose is to make a real difference in the lives of Canadians. Our mission is to improve the quality of people’s lives through better use of their money. PEAK is the Canadian leader in fully independent advice.
Since its founding in 1992, PEAK has consistently expanded its horizons and now has more than $13 billion in assets under administration. With 1,500 Advisors, registered professionals and employees across Canada, PEAK has always maintained its leadership position, yet has never lost sight of its values and mission.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.