Get a free quote now.
Despite the current pandemic situation, PEAK Financial Group continues to operate. For any request, we invite you to contact your PEAK advisor.
Entry level • Full-time • Montreal, QC, CA
February 24, 2021Apply with LinkedInSend my CV
Cultivating a culture of high trust, PEAK strives to maintain an environment of collaboration, and family-like relations among employees. It will be exciting, with fast paced work and many new opportunities to surpass yourself. You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and no shortage of courage. Put your ideas forward and grow with us.
COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Working closely with the transfers and operations teams, you will be responsible of executing the daily transfers on all back office systems (3 platforms) for registered and non-registered accounts as well as processing the GIC transfers and re-registrations. You will also conduct daily controls of all transfers processed and will proceed with the necessary adjustments. Finally, you will maintain an excellent level of service to our advisors by responding to requests related to transfers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Process the incoming and outgoing daily transfers for the following: Registered accounts, Open accounts, Mutual Funds, Cheque deposits & internal transfers between client accounts;
• Process the necessary trades and adjustments in the accounts;
• Follow up on rejects related to transfers;
• Ensure regulatory requirements are adhered to;
• Process all GIC re-registrations;
• Enter the transaction in the clients’ accounts;
• Prepare the letter of request for re-registration and send to the issuer or the institution;
• Ensure a dealer/ custodial agreement with the issuer or the institution is in place;
• Maintain an Excel spreadsheet to track each individual GIC to support the reconciliations that are followed by the Auditors, both internal and external;
• Make any necessary adjustments;
• Respond to transfers related inquiries;
• Do the required follow-ups and communicate to the Advisors as needed;
• Perform a thorough analysis of files as required;
• Assist the Transactional Team during periods of high volumes;
• Assist the Supervisor, Transactional Services with special projects and various departmental responsibilities;
• Advise the Supervisor, Transactional Services of any outstanding issues.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• College degree in finance or administration or relevant Work experience
• 3 to 5 years experience in in administering mutual funds and/or securities
• Excellent understanding and registered products (securities and mutual funds)
• Professionalism and discretion
• Capacity to work both in French and English
ROLE SUCCESS FACTORS
• Independence, creativity, initiative and the ability to understand the company’s architecture and business goals
• Completed an IFIC course (an asset)
• Knowledge of the MFDA and IIROC regulations (an asset)
• Problem solving skills and organizational skills
• Effective time management and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written communication
Making a real difference in the lives of Canadians is our raison d’être. Improving the quality of people’s lives through better use of their money is our mission. PEAK is the Canadian leader when it comes to fully independent advice.
For 27 years, PEAK has consistently expanded its horizons and now has more than $10 billion in assets under administration.
With 1,500 Advisors, registered professionals and employees across Canada, PEAK has always been in the lead, yet has never lost sight of its values and mission.
We wish to thank all those who have applied but we will communicate only with those candidates selected for interviews.