Get a free quote now.
Despite the current pandemic situation, PEAK Financial Group continues to operate. For any request, we invite you to contact your PEAK advisor.
(Contract/Full-Time) - Montreal, QC, CA
April 23, 2021Apply with LinkedInSend my CV
At PEAK, we value a culture based on trust and strive to maintain a collaborative environment and a family-like atmosphere among our employees. We offer a fast-paced environment with stimulating work to challenge you and help you reach your full potential. Do you have a bold, entrepreneurial spirit? Put your ideas to work with us!
Come make a difference!
Working with the transactions team, you will be responsible for all trade activities carried out by PEAK advisors. You will also be called upon to ensure the efficient processing of all types of trades within the prescribed deadlines, while adhering to industry standards.
What you’ll do
• Ensure all financial and non-financial transactions with respect to client accounts are processed accurately and efficiently according to service, industry and regulatory standards
• Reconcile the daily trade and cash settlements, and perform the necessary research for any discrepancies
• Work closely with the Accounting team on the required reports for verification purposes: Commission Report, Fee Report, and Withholding Tax Schedule
• Ensure the proper distribution of dividend payments
• Post cash dividends to the appropriate client accounts
• Notify advisors of rejected trades and follow-up on corrections
• Validate Exception reports rejected transactions
Manage client accounts
• Ensure integrity of client holdings and maintain client information in accordance with all legal & regulatory requirements
• Validate transactions to ensure that quality and accuracy standards are met
• Process any adjustments or corrections where applicable by keeping in mind the potential financial impacts
• Assist with the year-end process-set-up of Minimum /Maximum payments
• Provide backup support for the quality control of manual trades and the resolution of non-settled trades
• Assist the team with special projects as needed
What we’re looking for
• College degree in Finance/Administration
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the administration of mutual funds and/or securities
• Completed IFIC Operations course (CIFOC), an asset
• Have an excellent understanding of registered products
• Fluent spoken and written English and French
• Efficient in a computerized environment and have the ability to learn different system platforms
Key success factors:
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work as a team
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proactive in offering ideas and advice for developing new tools and methodologies
• Thorough and meticulous
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.